Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Working on a Webpage

I am really excited about creating a classroom web page/website to use this school year. I envision putting my weekly newsletter, homework information, class schedule, discipline policy, curriculum highlights, websites/resources for parents to use at home and all kinds of other information. I'd like parents to be able to use it to find information about the class and school policies and procedures, and to see what we are doing each week. I would also post all sorts of pictures (with parents' permission, of course!). So, I have been looking and looking for a place to set up my website. I was really happy with zunal. Their services were free, easy to use, and the web page sample was simple and clean-looking. Alas, it turned out that they were full and were no longer accepting new members. Teacherweb looked promising, but they charge $39.00/year, and I already spend so much of my own money on the classroom. Plus being a mother of 2 boys under 2 years old, $39.00 can buy you a lot of diapers. I continued looking and finally settled on Weebly for Education. It looks promising. I watched a tutorial and really liked the drag and drop feature, especially when adding pictures. I am going to give it a try. I will let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment