Saturday, June 26, 2010

Zooburst Fun

If you want to make a fun, pop-up book with your students or at home, check out Zooburst . Zooburst allows you to create a 3-D, pop-up book using your own pictures or public pictures. It's very easy to use once you create your account. Just so you know, it will take a few days to create your account because Zooburst is accepting new members on a rolling basis. When you express interest in using zooburst, they will ask you a few questions and then e-mail your account information to you a few days later. Once your account is set up, you can begin your creations. It is very easy to start your book. The website takes you step by step through the creation process. Adding pictures is fun. I added some of my own photographs. It turns out that my pictures were too large (they have to be under 200K). So I went to this nifty site called picnik and resized my pictures. I made a sample book about my little guy, John. You can check it out here;




Well, I am experiencing a few technical difficulties with the embedding process. However, technical difficulties aside, if you know how to copy and paste, you can embed your book into your blog or website. Very handy if you want to share your fabulous creations. I plan to use Zooburst next year to help my kindergartners make a book about their field trip to Tony P's Dockside Grill . I know they are going to love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment